If I don't keep this last post short and sweet, I don't think I'll be able to stop writing. I've had the most incredible year with all of your kids. Each one of your children is special and unique; together they somehow molded into the wackiest, sweetest, smartest class I've ever had. My days were filled with laughter and, more often than not I was learning right along side your children. Thank you for the unbelievably generous gift card. My jaw dropped when I opened it!!
To my fifth grade parents: thank you for welcoming me to the Whittier community in my first year. I feel blessed to have spent two wonderful years with each of your kids. I truly believe each one of them is ready for the adventures of middle school (Seeing as I didn't train you, as parents, to be ready, I can't promise the same thing!! Email me if you get overwhelmed next year...)
To my fourth grade parents: I thought it nearly impossible to get an equally awesome class of 4th graders as I already had 5th graders- it happened!!! I am so looking forward to spending next year with your kids. Though I know I'll enjoy a few weeks off of work, I'll be looking forward to reuniting in the fall.
Below I've listed a few tips to keep your kids academically active for the next few months. Enjoy your summers. May they be filled with equal parts adventure and relaxation!
Math: Keep your kids thinking mathematically this summer through your everyday activities: ask them to help with baking or cooking to practice using and converting fractions; invite them to help you plan a day trip or a vacation where they can work with percents, money and time; board games like Monopoly are also a great way to incorporate math, or use the math sites on our blog! I highly recommend the site "Xtra Math" for basic fact review. I already have the 4th graders log-ins, feel free to email me!
Reading: Research has shown that kids' reading levels can drop significantly if they don't read throughout the summer. Please encourage your child to visit the public library (their reading program is fantastic!) so that they may find exciting, suitable books to keep them interested. Twenty minutes of reading a day, even 4 days a week, will ensure your child doesn't fall back, and will probably even help them continue to grow! Visit the link "Find a good book- at your level!" under our reading section for book ideas.
Welcome to Class 303's Blog! Here you'll find classroom updates, helpful links, and information about happenings in and out of our room. ~Mrs. Roskos
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.